Beliefs, Aims & Expectations
At Ralph Thoresby School we BELIEVE in:
- High expectations for all.
- Excellence in all we do.
- Determination and resilience.
- Respect and tolerance.
- Creativity and independent learning.
At Ralph Thoresby School we AIM to:
- Achieve success in all areas of school life.
- Ensure that all students enjoy school and are fully engaged in learning.
- Create an inspiring place to learn where all students are safe and well supported.
- Be fully inclusive and committed to opportunity for all.
- Prepare students for life through strong links with local businesses and excellent career development.
- Build strong community links, including with parents and carers.
- Develop confident, articulate and responsible young citizens.
- Create an ethos of mutual support and encouragement amongst our students.
- Promote values of tolerance and respect.
Our EXPECTATIONS are:
- To arrive at school and lessons on time every day, correctly dressed, fully equipped and ready to learn
- Calm, polite and considerate behaviour towards all others.
- To aim high, be committed and make the most of your ability.
- To take responsibility for your learning – be an active learner.
- To always uphold school values, aims and expectations.
For Staff and Governors:
- To be positive, professional role models in promoting school values, aims and expectations.
- To be committed to student achievement and demand the best from our students.
- To develop an engaging curriculum and deliver consistently excellent lessons.
- To demonstrate and encourage independence and leadership.
- To treat everyone with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect.
For Parents / Carers:
- To support your children in achieving their goals.
- To fully support school staff, policies and initiatives.
- To encourage students to achieve their potential.
- To take an active role in your child’s learning, attending school events wherever possible.
- To ensure that your child attends school and arrives on time every day, fully equipped and ready to learn.