Ralph Thoresby School is committed to meeting the statutory requirements for careers education, known as the Gatsby Benchmarks.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
We track every students participation with careers to ensure that we equip all our young people for life after Ralph Thoresby School.
We use www.startinleeds.com to help support our students. This website is used to ensure that we are aware of changes to Labour Market Information and to ensure that students have up to date information about the pathways open to them.
Please visit www.startinleeds.com for more information on Labour Markets.
There is a wealth of information about careers available online, the following websites and links are used in the classroom to aid learning.