Equality and Diversity
We want to be sure that our Ralph Thoresby motto of ‘Ambition and Achievement for All’ is embodied in everything we do as a school. We want all students and staff to thrive regardless of their ethnicity, age, disability, sex, religion or belief, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Ralph Thoresby School is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all of the young people in our care. We want to encourage good relations between all stakeholders in school and eradicate all discrimination and harassment. We oppose all forms of discrimination, whether because of ethnicity, age, disability, sex, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or any other condition or requirement which places a person at a disadvantage.
‘At Ralph Thoresby, we are proud to be part of a truly diverse and harmonious school community. This is what gives us our unique identity and makes RTS such a positive environment for learning. As Ofsted noted when they last visited the school, ‘This is a school where staff and pupils celebrate diversity and promote values of tolerance, mutual respect and care for others’.’
Ralph Thoresby School is proud to be working towards the RED Award through Red Kite Alliance.
The Award Provides
· a framework within which schools can evaluate their current provision in terms of equality, diversity, respect for individuals and community cohesion;
· a route map to help schools to build on what they already do well, to plan actions to strengthen their provision and to embed a cohesive, inclusive, respectful ethos across the entire school;
· a vehicle for schools to celebrate the richness and diversity of the whole school community, as well as the school’s collective achievements in this area of its provision.
The Red Kite Alliance RED Award also supports schools to meet their statutory duties, including those which fall under The Equality Act 2010.
Support will be provided for schools to work towards achieving:
· The Certificate of Commitment to Equality & Diversity (approx. 3-6 months)
· The Red Kite Alliance RED Award (a further 12-18 months
You can find out more about the award here Red Kite Learning Trust – RED Award (https://www.rklt.co.uk/red-kite-alliance/red-award/)