Students with a household income of less than £20,000 are eligible to apply for financial assistance to help cover their expenses whilst in Sixth Form. For example, stationery and equipment, the cost of some school trips and exam re-sits.
This is not a weekly payment; it is a re-imbursement , so you will need to provide receipts.
Ralph Thoresby Sixth Form has a limited allowance for this bursary so the amount available to each student varies each year. Applications can be made at any time of the year, as personal circumstances change.
The following rules apply to the 16-19 Bursary for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- All evidence provided must be up to date and current i.e. documents should be dated within the last three months. Students who were eligible during 2021-22 will need to re-apply for the current academic year.
Suggested items to claim for using the bursary fund:
- Bus fares – We will provide you with a monthly or weekly bus pass. You must have the MCard App.
- Textbooks – We will order any textbooks required through school; please inform school of any you need.
- Stationery equipment for school, e.g. pens, notebooks, calculator, art materials.
- IT equipment (see conditions above)
- Food for lunches in the form of ASDA vouchers
- Clothing/shoes/school bag – these must be pre-approved before being purchased to avoid claims being declined
- Exam re-sit fees
- Travel to/from university open days